Thursday, October 23, 2008

My kitten Lynx...

My kitten Lynx is 15 years old. Sweet old cat. I got her after I had been in Florida for about 3 years. The first year I had her she wouldn't even let us pet her. She had been living on a farm and was surround by big dogs. So she was very skittish. But we were patient. And lo and behold, on one of my father's visits, she sweetly crawled up onto the couch and into my father's lap. My brother and I saw this and our jaws dropped. My dad wasn't much of an animal lover, and she had chosen this moment to come out of her shell...? We were shocked. But, from that moment on, she decided that we were hers and we became her family. I got my dog Tasha a few months after I got Lynx. So both of these animals have been with me through everything.

When my daughter came along, I knew it would be a rough transition. But we've made it, and the animals have learned to tolerate this newest little addition. I say all of this, because I feel I needed to explain why this made my heart melt soooo much...




Poor, sweet old cat!



1 comment:

Mom of Three said...

Aren't cats great? She probably took enough lovin' to make A happy and got the H out of there. Right?