Thursday, October 16, 2008

Okay S and A - Here goes... A little about our last road trip...

So, my friends have started blogging and I enjoy reading theirs so much that I just had to jump in. So here goes nothing!



My sweet little angel - AK - turns 2 in February... really? Two years old? Everyone warned me... enjoy every moment, it will go by so fast. And so here we are, in the blink of an eye, almost 2 years later. Can I say how my heart swells just to think about her without sounding so very sappy? Anyway, there it is... I'm so in love with this little angel.



Having said that, let me tell you about our last road trip. 17 hours in a car with a 2 year old. I was prepared. I armed myself with dvd's out the yin yang because I didn't want my husband - T - or myself to be driven crazy with the repitition of the already worn out dvd's already in our possession. So this kid has a freakin' library of movies, shows, etc. to watch. Well, AK discovered Winnie the Pooh. We have watched The Story of the Hundred Acre Wood toooooo many times to count. I know all of the songs, "The wonderful thing about Tiggers, are Tiggers are wonderful things...", "Deep in the Hundred Acre Wood, where Christopher Robin plays...", they run through my head over and over and over again. I've been home for 4 days, it's still in my head.

We tried everything, "Honey, wouldn't you like to see what Pablo and Tyrone are up to...?" And sometimes we were met with an "Okay". So we'd sigh, give each other a wink, and begin to roll the next dvd, when she'd start chanting, "Pooh Bear, Pooh Bear, Pooh Bear".

Yes, I love my little angel, wouldn't trade this for the world, but for the love of God, when will she move on...?

2 comments:

Mom of Three said...

Love it!!!

B too was a BIG fan of Pooh. This was before DVD in cars. We took his video tapes on vacation to watch in the hotel room though.

I really so not miss the days of having a "Movie of the Week". You know, the one they will watch over and over until they decide to move on to something else.

Good luck with that!! said...

I also am loving this..I'm sure this will get me back into mine a little more often. I am at work..grinning like an idiot, people looking at me like I lost my mine..back in the world of blogging. THIS IS GREAT!!!